Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy Birthday......

to me.  Yep, I had a birthday this week.  Another year older.  I had a lovely day with my Mum shopping and then spent the evening at the local Christmas Carols with the family. 

Wanna know the best present I got?????  (Besides all the gorgeous gifts from friends and family!)  I am busting to share it with you all.  The day before my birthday I received a magazine in the mailbox.  I don't have any subscriptions at the moment and knew that I had a couple of cards coming out in a magazine soon.  So I figured that it must be the Cardmaking, Stamping & Papercrafts mag with one of my cards in it.......................well........................I ripped open the packaging to find.......................that my card is on the cover!!!!! 
That's it...the scalloped circle card at the top.  I know it's not SU stuff but I wanted to share my exciting birthday present with you.  "I'm a Cover Girl"  hee hee.  Of course I encourage you all to go out and get yourself a copy, it has some great ideas in there (and of course more of my creations!).

I have been busy making many Christmas presents this year, most of them for other people to give.  Any excuse to create is a good excuse to me.  But I seem to be quite organised this year and feeling really relaxed.  Hope you are too.  I really love this time of year and the kids are finished school today so it's time to sleep in, slouch around in PJ's and hopefully get some more crafting done.  

I will post again soon with some new creations from the Summer Mini Catalogue.  If you haven't seen it yet, go and check it out.  There is some great stuff in there. 

Bye for now,
Alex




3 comments:

Christine Gronlund said...

Happy Birthday Alex & Congratulations on your cover!!!! Chris

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

Oh wow Alex! How fantastic a present was that! Congratulations and very well deserved - it's a beautiful card :-)
And Happy Birthday - I have something here waiting for you when we catch up. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Alex! Making the cover is pretty awesome.........oh, and happy birthday too......sounds like it was a good one!