Saturday, April 19, 2008

SURPRISE!!

This week one of my girlfriends had a milestone birthday and another friend of mine decided it would be nice to give her a surprise party. I am all for parties so my job was to make her a party hat. Of course I had to make something fit for a princess......and pink!.
She didn't have to wear it, it was just a nice decoration.

Then we had to buy or make a gift for $5 to put in a big bag to give her. I thought this was a really novel idea because it is alot harder and challenging to find something for $5 than it is for $10 or $20. So here is my gift:Details:I used a notepad from the discount store ($2.50 - under budget, yeeha!) and then cut up an old pair of the kids jeans for the pocket. I embellished the front with craft supplies I already had (notice the Stampin' Up Rhinestones and Hat Pin with jewells from the Pretties Kit - LOVE THEM!) and figure that it would all-up be no more than $5. I really liked how it turned out (luckily I bought two notepads and can make one for myself now).

Bye for now,

3 comments:

liz said...

LOVE the denim pocket - just gorgeous!!

Scrap Happy Mum said...

Love the note book (again!!) It's gorgeous!!!!

Alana Galagher said...

Wow - your notebook it absolutely gorgeous!