Friday, April 17, 2009

Mum's Workshop at Medowie

My gorgeous Mum has a bunch of friends who come to her place every week to learn how to make porcelain dolls.  She teaches them to paint their faces and put their bodies together among whatever else you have to do to create a doll.  She is forever showing them the little booklets I make for her and her handmade cards, having a pigeon chest moment about her 'talented' daughter (apparently she shares that my housework suffers because of it!)  A few friends asked if I could come and teach them how to make cards too.  Could I!!!!????

It snowballed from a couple of ladies into 9 and we had a lovely day that included a yummy lunch made by our host - MUM.  It was quite funny for me to watch her actually.  She decided not to make cards (because that is not her thing) and watch the children.  But I noticed her helping a number of ladies with what to do next and passing tools around for them.  She obviously takes notice of what I do when she watches me.  She is also very talented craft-wise too.

Anyway, here are the cards that we made the other day:

This one uses Upsy Daisy and was inspired by a card I saw on Splitcoast Stampers.  That is a fabulous place for inspiration.
And this one uses the new Birthday Greetings set - On Your Birthday, Pocket Silhouettes and Urban Garden paper.
 This one is a favourite thanks to the colours.  New In-Colors Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette.  Stamp sets On Your Birthday, Friends 24-7 and Friendly Words wheel.
 I had a fabulous time with Mums friends and I hope that we get to do it again.


Thanks for stopping by,
Alex


No comments: